Family Support Service
We at Family Support Services by SCTSP provide a Tier 2 service to the communities of Cannock, Lichfield, South Staffordshire and Stafford. You might wonder what a Tier 2 service is? Well, if you’re a family whom have just begun to recognise there are issues which need addressing or a family where you have been trying out your own strategies and ideas for a while now but are struggling to find solutions then we are here to help. You can refer yourself or ask another professional to do so on your behalf such as a nurse, health visitor, GP, school or social worker.
All referrals that are received by Family Support Service by SCTSP are reviewed by the Senior Practitioner/s to ensure that they are appropriate, and that our service is suitable for the family/young person’s needs. At this stage we may signpost to other agencies if we feel that they may be best placed to meet the young person’s needs.
Please download the referral form for the 0-19 Family Support within Staffordshire County, which requires written/signed consent. We provide support for families with children aged between 0-19, at the Tier 2 level of intervention. We currently deliver 3 support services to families with single, and multiple support needs.
The distinctions are as follows:
0-4 Early years Family Support (Cannock, Lichfield and South Staffordshire)
- Support for family with children aged between 0-4
- Early help
- Targeted support –which may include child development and school readiness,
- Supporting families with one or more presenting issue.
- Evidence based parenting programmes
- Book Start Corner (a 4-week programme in the home)
- Proactive home visits – Visits are provided to eligible families when their children are 5-8 months. These visits are to provide information, advice and guidance and any help that is needed to access services.
5-19 Family Support (Cannock, Lichfield, South Staffordshire and Stafford)
- 5-19 family support
- Early help
- Targeted support – which may include low attendance, behaviour management and boundary setting
- Supporting families with one or more presenting issue
- Working in partnership with schools
- Covering Staffordshire, South Staffordshire, Cannock and Lichfield
Building Resilient Families and Communities (BRFC - Cannock Lichfield and South Staffordshire)
- 0-19 Family support
- Early help
- Targeted Support
- Support for families with two or more presenting issues
- Supporting families to reduce reoffending and anti-social behaviour, increase educational attainment, increase employability etc.
- Multi-agency working
- Supporting Families with higher needs, but still at a Tier 2 level of intervention
Please use the Request for Support Form to refer to our services. If you are unsure which service is the most appropriate for the family needing support, please complete the Request Form, and allow us to make the decision on the most appropriate service. If you would like to discuss your concerns with us prior to making a referral, please contact us.